TESOL Greece is very happy to announce the formation of a new SIG about Specific Learning Differences (SpLDs)
The aim of the particular SIG is to:
- encourage, motivate and support teachers to develop and implement inclusive practices in their classrooms (teaching approaches that address the needs of students with a variety of backgrounds, learning styles, and abilities). Such strategies contribute to an overall inclusive learning environment, in which students feel equally valued.
- raise awareness among teachers who teach English to learners of all ages about issues related to SpLDs,
- bring teachers together and encourage them to get better informed by experts of the field.
Through a number of events such as the TESOL Greece Convention in March, SIG Days, events in collaboration with international associations and Webinars, teachers will have the opportunity to discuss issues and share ideas, exchange good practices and materials as well as disseminate information.
The main topics of interest of the SpLDs SIG are:
· identification of SpLDs
· differentiated and inclusive teaching approaches
· targeted interventions
· the development of learning strategies
· upcoming seminars and conferences relevant to this field
· publications specifically designed for this field
We would like to wish the new SIG a great start and all the best for the future.
The TESOL Greece Board